Share This Item:
Standalone Rear Roof Shelf to suit Toyota Prado 120 / GX 470
It’s an unwritten rule: the more you go camping, the more stuff you seem to acquire. We get it, the gadgets and toys are half the fun, but when space is tight it’s tricky to find the room to pack anything other than the essentials.
Our Standalone Rear Roof Shelf helps you get organised, with a secure place to store smaller, lightweight items that so often end up chaotically floating around the back of the car. So you can pack more of the creature comforts you love, without worrying about where on earth you’re going to put them.
PLEASE NOTE: The KAON Barrier is not required to mount this shelf, if you already have one of our barriers and are after a shelf solution, see our barrier-compatible shelf here. The Standalone Rear Roof Shelf may not fit if you already have a cargo barrier installed in your vehicle.
- Make clever use of the most underutilised space in your vehicle – its interior vertical height.
- Slimline design allows for useful storage of lightweight items, whilst still allowing a high level of visibility out the rear window.
- Mounts using the rear grab handle points, so there’s no drilling into the interior of your car.
- Designed to simplify mounting additional accessories, so you can personalise the way it fits into your setup. Cut-outs are compatible with MOLLE / PALS storage pouches.
- Two bottle openers (so you’ve always got one right next to your fridge setup) and bag hooks.
- Precision laser cut and pressed steel, and powder coated in a textured matt black finish that is both hard-wearing and looks great.
- 1 x Standalone Rear Roof Shelf to suit Toyota Prado 120 / GX 470
- All hardware, bolts, nut blocks and retainers required to install are included
Australian Designed, Made and Owned.
For full dimensions, load ratings, and other important details for this product, see the Product FAQ tab.
Is the Standalone Shelf compatible with a cargo barrier?
The KAON Barrier is not required to mount this shelf, if you already have one of our barriers and are after a shelf solution, see our barrier-compatible shelf. The Standalone Rear Roof Shelf may not fit if you already have a cargo barrier installed in your vehicle.
How big is the Standalone Shelf?
The shelf measures 1110 x 450mm.
When installed, there is 880mm clearance to the floor of the seven-seater when the third row of seats is folded down; and 195mm of clearance from the ceiling to the bottom of the shelf.
What is the load capacity for the Standalone Shelf?
The shelf is rated to 10kg, suitable for storing lightweight and soft cargo only.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Fits usdm 4th gen 4runner!By: Nate on 11 June 2021Kaon was very helpful, providing me with measurements and other information to help me decide if this shelf would fit on my 2007 Toyota 4runner (without 3rd row seats). I got it to fit pretty easily, the mounts fit perfectly, but needed to be pulled towards the windows via longer bolts, tightening until the mount flexed/bent and seated against the shelf. It's very sturdy! Overall, (even with the "modification" of the mounts), installation was a breeze, the product fits in the cieling well, and holds all the gear I thought it would. It also arrived at my door in Colorado only 4 business days after ordering! Big thank you to the person behind Kaon's Facebook Messenger, they were a big help and I will recommend Kaon to all my friends that their products might fit.
Just buy it, it’s amazingBy: Robert de Ambrosis on 10 April 2021The shelf has been one of the best quick and easy mods I’ve added to my car. We have a 120 and this shelf utilises otherwise wasted space in a very easy and useful way. Perfect for jumpers, hats, aid kits and other items that suit quick access and convenient storage. Very well built and super easy to install. Couldn’t recommend enough
Great ProductBy: Tom on 4 March 2021Great shelf for storing a bit extra in the back. Very little impact on rear vision when using the higher bolt holes.
Rear Roof Shelf Toyota Prado 120By: Andrew on 3 February 2021Well designed and manufactured. Easy install. A very practical addition to utilise unused space.
Rear roof shelf for Prado 120By: Joe on 24 January 2021Really like the look, quality and finish of this roof shelf. Very useful. Thanks KAON!