Share This Item:
Light Cargo & Pet Barrier and Barrier Shelf to suit Toyota FJ Cruiser
Concerned about unrestrained cargo moving about in steep off-road descents, or maybe you just want your furry friend to stay put in the back? A Light Cargo Pet Barrier helps keep everything secure in the back of your vehicle, while a compatible Barrier Shelf works to get you organised with a secure place to store smaller lightweight items.
- Quick and easy to install in under 10 minutes.
- Light Cargo Barrier and the Barrier Shelf mount using the rear grab handle points, ensuring there’s no drilling into the interior of your car
- The Barrier Shelf makes clever use of the most underutilised space in your vehicle – it’s interior vertical height.
- Slimline design allows for useful storage of lightweight items, whilst cut-outs still allowing a high level of visibility out the rear window.
- Precision laser cut and pressed steel, and powder coated in a textured matt black finish that is both hard-wearing and looks great.
- Compatible with child restraints and baby car seats.
- Designed to simplify mounting additional accessories, so you can personalise the way it fits into your setup. Cut-outs are compatible with MOLLE / PALS storage pouches.
- Half-barrier design allows you to use more of the cargo area.
- Adjustable brackets to accommodate varying seat positions.
This barrier has not been tested to Australian Standards, and is intended as a pet barrier or for use when off-road.
Our barriers are designed to be compatible with modern side and curtain-airbag systems, and as such there is clearance around all sides of the barrier to ensure unaffected airbag deployment. In rare instances, very small dogs may be able to get through the gaps provided for this clearance.
- 1 x Light Cargo Barrier to suit Toyota FJ Cruiser
- 1 x Barrier Shelf to suit Toyota FJ Cruiser
- All brackets and hardware required to fit the barrier are included.
Australian Designed, Made and Owned.
For full dimensions, load ratings, and other important details for this product, see the Product FAQ tab.
Do your Cargo barriers have vertical / up and down adjustment?
No, the barriers are not able to be adjusted vertically.
Can the barrier be used with baby and child car seats?
Yes, the barrier is compatible with child restraints and baby car seats.
How big is the Barrier Shelf for the FJ Cruiser?
The shelf measures 1100 x 225mm, and sits 820mm from the floor.
Do your Barrier Shelves have vertical / up and down adjustment?
No, Barrier shelves have no vertical adjustment. They do have horizontal adjustment forwards and backwards within the vehicle to ensure correct alignment with a Cargo Barrier. Some Shelves come with slight adjustments to allow for levelling.
Can the Barrier Shelf be used with baby and child car seats?
Yes, the Barrier Shelf is compatible with child restraints and baby car seats.
What's the difference between KAON Barrier Shelves and Standalone Rear Roof Shelves?
Our Barrier Shelves are designed specifically for use in conjunction with our Cargo Barriers and are not freestanding.
Our Standalone Rear Roof Shelves are designed to be freestanding and are not compatible with our Cargo barriers unless otherwise stated.
How much can the Barrier Shelf hold?
The shelf is rated to 10kg, suitable for storing lightweight and soft cargo only.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Light Cargo Pet Barrier and shelf for the FJ CruisBy: Mark Howlett on 5 April 2021What a great company to deal with - a couple of emails were answered quickly and with a human touch which was appreciated in this day and age of automated replies. The cargo barrier and shelf were easy to fit and very well made, I cannot fault either product, 5 stars! I will definitely buy from Kaon again.
Perfect FJ Cruiser Dog BarrierBy: James Daulton on 12 March 2021I bought this Barrier to ‘try’ and keep our 30kg Staffy in the Back of the FJ. He has destroyed 3 x conventional pet barriers (that rely on pressure fitting to the roof liner) through determination to be in the front seat. The Kaon Barrier is both securely bolted in place and is of sufficient steel strength to mean escape is impossible. The shelf is a super handy addition to keep gear out of the way. My FJ was imported from Japan with no rear headrests which the Kaon Barrier depends on. At the moment I am using 6 x M10 bolts inserted into the headrest inserts. This works fine at the moment with no rattles, but a better solution would be 12mm non threaded bolts/ inserts with EPDM washers to minimise rattles. It could be a good addition to the catalogue
Top productBy: Joel Doenau on 9 March 2021Easy to fit good quality fast service
pet barrierBy: Gary on 7 May 2020it is a great piece of kit. looks good in the fj only issue I had was putting the parcel shelf on. I kept getting the mounting brackets on the wrong way around again and again. an improved pic on the instructions would help when we are having a "slow day" also love the nutserts but it could have helped to have cage nuts on the back of the shelf for mounting to the barrier.. it was a bit of a pain reaching through to hold everything in place https://www.networkcomputing.com/data-centers/cage-nuts-ultimate-guide/page/0/2