Share This Item:
Recovery Tow Points to suit Toyota LandCruiser LC200
You often hear about ensuring you have an adequate recovery kit before heading off-road, but what many overlook is perhaps the most important part – the recovery point itself. Factory tow and tie-down points on your vehicle simply aren’t designed for safe off-road use. Upgrading to points designed specifically to handle the load stresses of recovery situations ensures that when the inevitable happens, you’re ready to go.
- 20mm thick Australian Made Steel, Billet CNC Machined.
- Soft shackle friendly, with a large opening and rounded edges.
- Designed to safely manage stresses generated during an angled recovery.
- Low profile and specifically designed for the LC200, for optimium approach/departure angles.
- Featuring a Cerakote finish in either Titanium Grey or Sedona Red. Cerakote is renowned for being an incredibly durable, corrosion-resistant ceramic coating. Typically used on firearms, it resists most solvents and chemicals, and has high levels of hardness and adhesion.
- 5000kg WLL.
- 2 x Recovery Tow Points (1 Pair – Tungsten Grey or Sedona Red)
- 4 x M12 G10.9 High Tensile Bolts
- 4 x M12 Nord-Lock Washers
Australian Designed, Made and Owned.
Can you recover from just one point, or do you need to use a bridle between the two?
The recovery points are rated to 5000kg per point and you can recover using one point, however, it is best practice to use a bridle as it spreads the load more evenly. It will depend on your judgment in a given recovery situation. By using both points with a bridle you will give yourself more of a safety margin, especially during a difficult recovery.
What tools are needed to fit them?
They are very easy to fit and the only special tool you might need is a torque wrench to get the 126Nm for the high tensile bolts. Fitting instructions are available via the link above.
Tow HookBy: Julian Bowes on 14 July 2021In the US we have a few local off-road sources of tow hooks, along with those of Toyota Tundra. While Kaon have no distributor in the USA thus making these pricy if just shipped alone, I took the opportunity to add them onto a larger order. The hooks are by far the best looking both from design functionality and looks. Hope to try them out on the trails.