Share This Item:
Light Cargo & Pet Barrier and Barrier Shelf to suit Toyota Prado 150
Concerned about unrestrained cargo moving about in steep off-road descents, or maybe you just want your furry friend to stay put in the back? A Light Cargo Pet Barrier helps keep everything secure in the back of your vehicle, while a compatible Barrier Shelf works to get you organised with a secure place to store smaller lightweight items.
- Quick and easy to install in under 10 minutes.
- Light Cargo Barrier and the Barrier Shelf mount using the rear grab handle points, ensuring there’s no drilling into the interior of your car
- The Barrier Shelf makes clever use of the most underutilised space in your vehicle – it’s interior vertical height.
- Slimline design allows for useful storage of lightweight items, whilst cut-outs still allowing a high level of visibility out the rear window.
- Precision laser cut and pressed steel, and powder coated in a textured matt black finish that is both hard-wearing and looks great.
- Compatible with child restraints and baby car seats.
- Designed to simplify mounting additional accessories, so you can personalise the way it fits into your setup. Cut-outs are compatible with MOLLE / PALS storage pouches.
- Half-barrier design allows you to use more of the cargo area.
- Adjustable brackets to accommodate varying seat positions.
This barrier has not been tested to Australian Standards, and is intended as a pet barrier or for use when off-road.
All of our barriers are designed to be compatible with modern side and curtain-airbag systems, and as such there is clearance around all sides of the barrier to ensure unaffected airbag deployment. In rare instances, very small dogs may be able to get through the gaps provided for this clearance.
Select whether your model is a 5-Seater (GX) OR 7-Seater (GXL, VX, Altitude, Kakadu):
- 1 x Light Cargo Barrier to suit Toyota Prado 150 / Lexus GX 460
- 1 x Barrier Shelf to suit Toyota Prado 150 / Lexus GX 460
- All brackets and hardware required to fit the barrier are included.
Australian Designed, Made and Owned.
For full dimensions, load ratings, and other important details for this product, see the Product FAQ tab.
How much clearance do I need to allow for the Barrier Shelf?
The 7-Seater (GXL, VX Kakadu) shelf bottom has 750mm clearance to the floor, and 160mm clearance from the ceiling.
The 5-Seater (GX) shelf bottom has 875mm clearance to the floor, and 140mm clearance from the ceiling.
Do your Barrier Shelves have vertical / up and down adjustment?
No, Barrier shelves have no vertical adjustment. They do have horizontal adjustment forwards and backwards within the vehicle to ensure correct alignment with a Cargo Barrier. Some Shelves come with slight adjustments to allow for levelling.
Can the Barrier be used with baby and child car seats?
Yes, the Barrier is compatible with child restraints and baby car seats.
Can I use the Barrier Shelf without the Cargo Barrier?
Our Barrier Shelves are not designed to be used in isolation, and require the Cargo Barrier to be mounted.
What's the difference between KAON Barrier Shelves and Standalone Rear Roof Shelves?
Our Barrier Shelves are designed specifically for use in conjunction with our Cargo Barriers and are not freestanding.
Our Standalone Rear Roof Shelves are designed to be freestanding, and are not compatible with our Cargo barriers unless otherwise stated.
How much can the Barrier Shelf hold?
The shelf is rated to 10kg, suitable for storing lightweight and soft cargo only.
Light cargo barrier /shelf comboBy: Mac on 24 August 2021Great piece of kit , ingenious design and quality way above expectations.
Cargo barrier and luggage shelfBy: Mark Modini on 19 April 2021Kaon have some great, innovative products. It's wonderful that they are designed and manufactured in Australia. The cargo barrier is well made and easy to install. It's also easy to remove if you need to transport a large item that takes up the whole cargo area behind the front seats. Simply undo 2 knobs and lift off the 2 rear seat headrests and the barrier is out. The luggage rack is also well made and very handy, utilizing space that otherwise may not be easy to make use of. Unfortunately, be aware that if the shelf is fitted, it's not so easy to remove the cargo barrier.
Quality versatility and fit.By: Kevan Harding on 15 December 2020Another great product easy to fit everything just lines up ,versatile ,clever and light weight...... great bit of gear !
Awesome productBy: Troy Levissianos on 19 July 2020I wanted a cargo barrier for safety, then realised Kaon also do a roof shelf. It arrived quickly, just in time for my holiday, and was simple to install. We fit large winter jackets, small bags and towels in the luggage shelf, meaning they weren't all thrown in the boot with everything else. Love it.
Awesome productsBy: Peter Urnevicius on 20 April 2020